The story of Hamilton’s Davis-McCrory building is similar to many of the buildings rehabilitated with the Program. Built circa 1875 in First Renaissance Revival style, the building served commercial functions for more than 100 years, including housing the local McCrorys.
By the late 1990’s, however, the building was vacant and facing potential demolition. Redevelopment efforts failed to move forward until Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credits enabled the building to be revitalized, bringing new employment and residents.
More information on the history of the building here.
- 2011 Heritage Ohio Award Winner – Best Mixed Use Rehabilitation